Data Protection Policy
1. ABMLPS (“The Association”) collects personal data for the purpose of membership recruitment and dissemination of information (“news”) pertaining to Biomedical Laboratory Professionals in Singapore.
2. The personal data received or collected by the Association may serve one or many of these purposes where applicable:
Completing transactions with you and managing your membership account.
Administrative matters on your membership, events, activities, etc.
To communicate with you on your enquiries, requests and feedback, provide professional advocacy, education and training opportunities (eg. workshops and seminars) in the biomedical and health sciences industry, developments at ABMLPS, activities, events and promotions.
To engage any other person to conduct research and for promoting networking opportunities in biomedical and health sciences, and generally to promote the development of biomedical sciences.
Any other purposes that we notify you of and obtain your consent in advance.
3. The Association undertakes to observe the following practices in handling your personal data:
Specify the purpose(s) for use of your personal data;
Protect your personal data from unauthorised access;
Retain your personal data for only as long as needed to meet its purposes;
4. We may share necessary data with other Government agencies (or non-Government entities which have been authorised to carry out specific Government services) to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. However, we will ensure that these agencies satisfy the requirements of the Association’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) policy;
5. For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions.
6. If you have any questions or concerns about this Data Protection Policy, please contact:
You should expect a reply within 3 to 7 working days of us receiving your feedback.
7. If you would like a copy of your personal data being held by ABMLPS, please contact us.
8. If you would like to update or correct your personal data which you have provided to ABMLPS previously, please update through your profile on Wild Apricot by logging in.